mahirap magpaganda .. at masakit pa!
I went out with some old friends last Saturday. I never imagined I would have that much fun! We went to cena for dinner. At first I thought it was just us girls. Was I ever shocked when I went up the second floor and there were my friends, with two metrosexuals! Ok I wasn’t prepared for that. Especially since I was wearing rubber shoes and I think my shirt had a hole in it. (I just came from badminton you see, and that was an instant invite to spend the night at my barkada’s condo. Independent living … will talk about that some other time)
Medyo wala sa lugar ang kagandahan ko di ba? With matching backpack, ang lola. But aside from the initial awkwardness, read: shock. We got the ball rolling and reminisced. Metrosexual A was an old friend from waaaay back. Metrosexual B was an acquaintance. Pero grabe ang kwentuhan. Highlights… my friend will be featured as a swimsuit model for A’s company. Kahit tagapaypay lang ako masaya na. As long as the food and lodging are free! Hahaha.
So after that we decided to go to Bizu for dessert. B instantly got my backpack from the chair it was sitting on. (Sosyal ang backpack ko may sariling upuan) I tried to take it from him, but he said no it’s ok. Nagulat ako. Sigh. There are still gentlemen in this world. I seem to have forgotten what they look like. (In this instance, he looked incredible! Hahaha. Kasi naman model siya no. I just know how to appreciate good looks when I see it)
Ok back to dessert. Sinfully delicious. I just wish they would make some of their fresh blueberry chibousts again… sigh. More chitchat. We were joined by my friend’s blockmate from college.
After that we went to masas for drinks. There were more of my friend’s college blockmates waiting for us there. I didn’t feel like drinking (except for water). I was tired from badminton and I knew I’d get drunk easily. My friend already went out for drinks the previous night. Let’s just say she had one hell of a hangover earlier that day. She just ordered buko juice, B ordered mineral water for me, and the rest had alcoholic drinks. While they were chugging san mig lights, we were guzzling our sissy drinks … ok chugging is a bit extreme. Chikahan galore ulit. How can we stay alcohol-free the whole time you might ask? The answer is we can’t. Both of us had a little shot of tequila. :D Only one. But that was enough to get me tipsy. I couldn’t even pour mineral water on A’s glass without spilling some.
After that A drove us home, rather to my barkada’s condo. We were all tired and a bit buzzed. Kaya hindi na nagchikahan ang mga lola at diretso tulog. The next day les got up bright and early saying we should start cleaning the condo. (Early is 947am) Pearl and I wanted to spend a few more hours in between the sheets. (panget pakinggan! Hahaha) So les started fixing stuff up. The problem is those are pearl’s brother’s stuff. So pearl was going nooo don’t touch those. I was saying that’s his organized mess. He wouldn’t be able to find anything if you clean it up.
Eventually we did manage to get up to go for lunch. Around past 12. We went to cibo at glorietta for lunch. I like their porchetta (and I wonder why I have high cholesterol?!?). Since we had time to kill before we’ll meet li and tans we decided to do some pampering. Of course, they had to do some shopping, too.
We went to the salon, me to have my hair cut, them for the footspa. Actually we were looking for another salon but when we got there it seems that the salon has closed and vivere took its place. Kaya dun na lang kami. May libreng threading pa!
Ayun. They had their foot spa. I had a hair treatment. They just put some goo on my hair and scalp and wrapped it in cling wrap. Who knew cling wrap was a beauty essential. Then again, what do I know about beauty stuff? They put me under one of those alien-looking steamers. Or whatever you call it. And I was left to .. er steam? for about an hour. As the guy was rinsing my hair he said, let’s clean your eyebrows. I said, well, ok. I mean it couldn’t hurt right? Besides it was free…
Man was I ever wrong. It did hurt … a lot! I was swearing my head off. If my grandma heard me she’d be bringing out the detergent to wash my mouth with. The guy said, ganyan talaga kung gusto mo magpaganda kelangan mo masaktan. Nyek! Kaya naman pala hindi ako nagpapaganda e. After what seems like an eternity of pain, he was done! With one eyebrow. Sabi ko hindi pa tapos? Di bale na lang kahit hindi pantay kilay ko. I ain’t going through that again! Sige. I may not be that vain, but I don’t think I could walk around with mismatched brows.
So I went under the thread … again. By this time liza was already there and she was holding my hand throughout the procedure. After a lot more cursing, natapos din! Hay salamat. So I am now the proud owner of two cleaned up matching brows … with reddish eyelids. Oh well, nothing’s perfect.
The rest was the haircut and they did some styling. Dumiretso ang buhok ko! Ganun naman talaga parati paglabas ng salon. My friends were going, bagay sa iyo. Magpastraight ka kaya? How many times have I heard that?!? Sabi ko no thank you. Masisira lang buhok ko kasi manipis siya. Anyway, I couldn’t go out with them for dinner, need to have dinner with family since I have an aunt and cousin who’ll be leaving for the states the next day. So we said our goodbyes and I went home.
The next day… I woke up ... with pouffy hair. Oh well… as expected.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home