Stations of the Cross
Today is Holy Thursday, as with tradition we're supposed to do Bisita Iglesia, to remember Christ's Stations of the Cross.
We started a bit late, leaving the house at 5pm. Instead of visiting 14 churches, we just went to 7. Pagdating namin dun medyo unprepared pa dahil wala kami yung booklet para sa Way of the Cross. Kaya sa Della Strada bumili kami. There were 2 versions. A bit confused I asked the vendor what the difference was. But she didn't give any reply, so I bought the one that seemed to be of better quality. This was actually the first time I'll be leading the way.
We started with the first 2 stations in Della Strada. Then we went to UP. We were looking for the 3rd station and wondered why it said on the booklet the Christ falls for the First Time while the station said Jesus before the Sanhedrin. Napa-what na lang ako.
So we bought the new version of the Stations of the Cross. Confident we went to the next station armed with the new booklet. Only to find that this Church still had the old Way of the Cross. Talk about frustration. The following stations we brought both versions with us.
Comedy di ba? If it wasn't so tragic I would find it funny. Maybe I wasn't listening well enough during our theology classes. (All 16 units of them) Kelan nangyari ang mga ito?!? Medyo nakakahiya lang. Dahil nananampalataya ako pero yun lang hindi ko alam. I know we're not expected to memorize the doctrine but at least be aware of them. Parang nung nadagdagan yung Mysteries of the Rosary. Medyo nagulat din ako nun. :(
Sometimes I feel like I'm a hypocrite. I don't think I even know how to pray any more. Maybe I've just grown lax. Ngayon nga parang hindi ko na nararamdaman na Mahal na Araw. For me it has become more of vacation time. I'm actually still looking for a chance to do some last minute trip to the beach. Nakakalungkot di ba? ewan ko ba. maybe i'm overanalyzing again. Pero dati sinusubukan ko talaga balikan ang mga pinagdaanan ni Kristo, at subukang unawain ang pagmamahal ng Diyos para sa atin. Ano nang nangyari dun? :(

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home